Tharaka Nithi Woman Representative Beatrice Nkatha has defended the Sh1million customised number plate on her vehicle, saying it was a gift.

The vehicle, whose number plate reads “Nkatha Mama County”, has raised a ruckus in the area and on social media.

Her critics claim that she embezzled public funds to customise the number plate.



They said a customised number plate costs at least Sh1 million.

But speaking in Kiracha after launching the construction of sheds to be used by yam and maize traders, the Tharaka Nithi Woman Rep said the number plate was given to her by a friend as a gift.

“I was taking one of the MPs to order his number plate since I knew the person who was operating the business.

Then the businessman was happy to see me since we were close friends and it was long since we met. He asked me if I would also like to have this kind of number plate and I agreed.After some time, he gave it to me and I paid nothing,” she explained.

Do you buy into her explanation?

2 comments:

 
Top